In this tutorial you will learn how to increase the displayed size of the images you upload to your Blogger Blogspot blog by entering your own dimensions. This is a very easy trick requiring no change to your Blogger template. It is suitable for anyone from beginner to advanced users.
By default Blogger has three image settings: small, medium and large. Your uploaded images are scaled down to fit these standard Blogger sizes. If your image is larger than the maximum 400 pixels in width and 300 in height it is still scaled down to 400x300px. If you want to override these settings you can by manually changing the dimensions of the height and width of the uploaded image.
To Make Uploaded Images in Blogger Bigger
1. Log in to Blogger if not already logged in.
2. Go to Posting > Create Post or if you want to edit an image already posted go to Posting > Edit Post
3. Upload your chosen image or if you are editing your post identify the image you want to change
4. Switch from Compose to Edit HTML which will allow you to see the HTML code of your post
5. Find the code block for the image you wish to change. Look for the code that begins <img> tag beginning <img style>. For example for the following image:
img style="display:block; margin:0px auto 10px; text-align:center;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;width: 400px; height: 300px;" src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vLeiVavkV_M/SjMKOjXnmYI/XXXXXXXXX/Ra0BizPIDsc/s400/twitter123.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5346628427747662210" />
This code will display the image in a Blogger post at the large size - 400x300.
6. To change the 400x300 dimensions it is simply a matter of changing the values to whatever you wish. Make sure you keep the proportions of the image otherwise it will not display correctly. For example to increase the image size displayed by 25% you would change the dimensions to 500x375:
img style="display:block; margin:0px auto 10px; text-align:center;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;width: 500px; height: 375px;" src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vLeiVavkV_M/SjMKOjXnmYI/XXXXXXXXX/Ra0BizPIDsc/s400/twitter123.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5346628427747662210" />
7. Click the Preview button and you will be able to check your image before publishing
8. Once you are satisfied click on the Publish Post button
9. Click View Blog to see your image displayed with your user defined proportions
At sometime you may want to display an image on your Blogger Blogspot blog that is bigger than the maximum default size of 400x300 pixels. This tutorial has shown you how to change the height and width values of the image in Blogger so you can override the default dimensions.
Subscribe to Blogspot Blogger Guide by Email Print this post