Attention Blogspot bloggers I have found a really easy way to allow visitors to my Blogger blogs to print out my articles. Today I am going to share with you this very easy trick. It only takes a few minutes to install a printer friendly button at the foot of your Blogger posts and you will be adding a lot of functionality to your blog.
Advantages of Adding a PrintFriendly Button
- Creates an attractive print friendly version of your blog article that is print optimized
- Removes unwanted content such as Google ads
- Provides flexibility to remove unwanted text and only print out what is important to the reader
- All images can be removed leaving only the text thus saving paper and ink
- Minimizes the risk of readers copying and pasting your material because they don't know how to print out
The PrintFriendly button is a very handy gadget. When a visitor clicks on the button it will take them to an article preview screen and offers some printing and sharing options. There is the option to print out the article directly with or without images. Alternatively the article can be downloaded as a PDF file or a link to the article emailed. PrintFriendly even lets you share the article via a Twitter Tweet button.
How To Add a Print Friendly Button to your Blogger blog
- Log into Blogger and select the blog you want to add the printer friendly button to.
- From the Blogger dashboard go to Layout > Edit HTML
- Tick the Expand Widget Templates checkbox.
- Using CTRL + F find the following code:
- Open a new browser window go to the PrintFriendly website
- At Step 1 go ahead and select the radio button for Blogger to choose your site type
- At Step 2 select the radio button for the print friendly button that you wish to use on your Blogger blog
- Copy the code snippet for your chosen button
- Then go back to your open Blogger window and find the code you identified in Step 4 of these instructions.
- Paste the code directly after the <div class='post-footer'> tag
- Save your template
- Click View Blog to see your PrintFriendly button beneath each post.
Today I introduced you to the PrintFriendly button - a button that print optimizes your Blogger posts. I discussed some of the main advantages of adding the printer friendly button to Blogger and I provided you with comprehensive instructions to add the button to your Blogger template.
Making Money From Banners with Blogger
How to Get More Adsense Clicks with Blogger
Blogger Guide to Google Adsense Placement
Easy Ways to Put Banners on Blogger
Subscribe to Blogspot Blogger Guide by Email Print this post